Christchurch's certified electrical testers
Your One-Stop Shop for Electrical, Security and Automation
working with red electrical is so easy!
THE RIGHT SERVICE, AND THE RIGHT PRICE...RIGHT ON TIME
serving Christchurch for over 25 years
our electrical testing services
Red Electrical provides a full range of certified electrical testing and inspection reports to domestic and commercial customers throughout Christchurch. As an approved Master Electrician Contractor we are certified to test and inspect all types of electrical work including single and three-phase installation. As such, we work for many real estate agents based in Christchurch, undertaking regular electrical inspections for new tenancy agreements and electrical condition reports. We also provide commercial electrical testing.
When arriving at your property, our engineer will explain the testing procedure and notify you when power is likely to be switched off, before undertaking the relevant electrical tests.
On completion, the electrician who undertook the electrical condition report will then briefly run through their assessment and test results with you. If the electrical testing is failed, Red Electrical will issue a non-obligation estimate for the remedial works.
Why are Electrical Condition Reports (ECR) requested?
- In a commercial environment, the landlord and employer have a duty of care over employees and the premises. Electricity at Work Regulations require that an electrical installation should be adequately maintained in order to prevent danger as far as reasonably practicable. An ECR provides evidence that these safety checks have been carried out and provides a prioritised plan for any remedial work.
- Insurance companies are increasingly insisting on periodic electrical testing.
- New premises – purchase or lease. Confirm that the electrical installation is safe and in suitable conditions for your needs when purchasing or leasing properties.
- Change of tenancy for rented properties in the private rental market.
- Fire or Flood – If your property has experienced major damage it is wise to get electrical tests, and we recommend that the results are correctly documented
Why Choose Us for Electrical Testing?
- Master Electricians Approved electrical contractor
- Experienced electrical testers
- Fast turn-around – electronic reports within 24 hours.
- $5m Public Liability Insurance
- Domestic and commercial electrical testers.
Electrical Condition Reports
Every Christchurch property should have its electrical installation tested and certified periodically, for insurance purposes and more importantly, peace of mind.
An Electrical Condition Report will reveal if electrical circuits are being overloaded, find potential hazards within the electrical installation, identify any electrical defective work which is out of regulation, highlight any earthing or bonding issues and to report on any potential fire hazards. The inspection would also include checking fuse or circuit breaker ratings and testing the RCDs to ensure they trip under fault conditions.
The outcome from the Electrical Condition Report will establish the overall condition of all of the electrics (a bit like a WOF on a motor vehicle). It will tell you whether it is satisfactory for continued use and will detail any remedial work that might need to be done, graded by importance with a recommended timescale.
Red Electrical has been undertaking Electrical Condition Reports on a regular basis. Our engineers undertake all Master Electricians Electrical Condition Reports using Simpro software, from here the results are recorded and uploaded on completion of the inspection. The results are then uploaded at the Red Electrical admin office, where the reports are checked, countersigned and sent out within 24 hours on the test.
Electrical Certificates and PAT Testing
More and more New Zealand’s health and safety measures are becoming litigious. Part of this is to prove that all practical steps have been met to ensure electrical appliances are safe to use.
At Red Electrical, our electricians are qualified Portable Appliance Testing Testers. Using Simpro software as mentioned above, we undertake visual inspections and tests on appliances using PAT test machines and record the results.
Get in touch to find out more about Red Electrical’s Testing Services or call us on 0800 RED ELEC.
not quite what you were after?
need it done?
Proudly Serving Christchurch’s Electrical Demands For Over 25 Years